These little cheese ball are Super Yummy AND naturally Gluten-Free. You can’t go wrong!
I can’t say they’re good for you but I don’t think they are terribly bad either. And really, we’re not going to eat them everyday (although you might want to) so it’s all good right?
My motto is “Everything in Moderation”. You can also make a HUGE batch, make them into balls and freeze them for when you want an easy yummy appetizer or just something hot and steamy to go with dinner.
I would say you could keep them frozen for 6 months BUT I doubt they would be able to keep them that long. I just made 3 batches and they’ll be gone within the month.
So let’s get started! Here’s all the ingredients you’ll need:
20 oz Tapioca Flour/Starch
200 ml Vegetable Oil
500 ml Whole Milk
300 g Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon Salt
Large Pot (I use a 2-quart one)
Mixer with a Dough Hook (Or just a big bowl and elbow grease)
1. Heat the Milk, Vegetable Oil & salt in the pot until it boils starts rising to the top. Pull it from the heat before it bubbles over.
2. Pour the liquid & the Tapioca Flour into the bowl of the mixer and mix on low with the dough hook until well combined. At first it will look lumpy. Stop mixing once it looks like taffy. If you don’t have a mixer you’ll have to use the spoon and then you’ll knead the dough until you get the same consistency.
3. Let this cool until you can touch it. This usually takes 15-30 minutes.
4. Once it’s cooled add in the eggs (one at a time) and cheese. I usually do this in three batches (one egg + 1/3 of the cheese). Start with one egg, if it’s wet enough to roll into balls without a bunch of crease lines that’s all you’ll need. Mix again until with your mixer or knead it by hand. It’s done when it is a homogenous mixer.
5. Portion out the dough into tablespoons and roll into balls.
6. At this point you can place them on a baking sheet to bake them or freeze them raw.
7. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until they are a bit crisp to the touch & just starting to turn golden brown. You can also place in your freezer until frozen.
Want a community full of encouragement, education & support?