Chicken Piccata is so good that I wanted to see what else I make with it. I’ve been trying to eat more wild-caught seafood because it is so good for you. That being said, I’m not much of a seafood fan so when I couldn’t stop eating this dish, I knew it was a winner.
If you are not a big fan of fish, you can substitute chicken breasts. You’ll just have to butterfly them and pound them flat. That way they cook evenly in the oven and don’t get dry on the outside.
For the Almond Crusted Rockfish
Rockfish Filets (1 -1 ½ lbs)
Almond Flour – 1 Cup
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Cracked Pepper – ½ teaspoon
Oilve oil or Spray Olive Oil
For the Lemon Piccata Sauce
½ Cup Bone Broth or Chicken Stock
Capers – Drained – 2 Tablespoons
Fresh Lemon Juice – 2 Tablespoons
Tapioca Starch – 1 teaspoon
Chopped Parsley – ¼ cup
1. Preheat your oven to 425
2. Line a baking pan with foil & either pour about a tablespoon of olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan or spray the foil
3. To start you’ll want to grab a plate and a deep-sided dish to bread your Rockfish Filets
4. In the plate mix the Almond Flour, Salt & Pepper
5. In the dish whip your eggs with about a tablespoon of water until they are a homogeneous mixture
6. Dip the filets in the eggs and then dredge them with the almond flour
7. Place the Filets on the baking dish and bake them for 15-25 minutes. The almond flour should turn golden
8. While that’s cooking prepare all your ingredients for the sauce. When the fish has a few minutes left, make the sauce…
9. In a pan heat set to medium heat add the bone broth & capers
10. Mix the Lemon Juice with the Tapioca Starch. This will thicken the sauce
11. Pour in the Lemon Juice Mixture stirring constantly. The sauce should thicken pretty quickly. As soon as it does, pull it off the heat and add the parsley.
12. Place your fish on a dish and dress with the Piccata sauce & ENJOY!!!