It doesn’t happen often but there are times where I get inspired to make a dish, try it & then totally nail it the first time. This was one of them. It was so good, I could eat it daily.
It’s filled with fresh summer flavors & vegetables too. Let’s get to it and get this on your dinner table!
1 lb Chicken breast or tenderloins
1 lemon, zested & juiced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 garlic clove, diced
1 lb asparagus, 1-inch slices
1/2 lb Gluten-Free Fettuccine noodles
2-4 zucchinis, spiralized
2 Tablespoons Capers
4 Tablespoons Avocado or Olive Oil
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Once cooked, save about 1 cup of the cooking liquid in case you need it for the sauce. You can cook the pasta while sautéing the sauce too.
- Heat a sauté pan, once hot, add 2 tablespoons of avocado or olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the garlic & cook just until you can smell it, about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add the chicken & sauté until slightly browned & cooked through.
- Add the asparagus, cook for about a few minutes until bright green.
- Add the tomatoes, pasta, zucchini, lemon, capers & finally the zest.
- If it’s still a bit dry, add some of the pasta cooking liquid.