Like a lot of my recipes, I love this one because it’s simple, delicious & healthy. Also, because we cook the salmon with indirect heat on the grill, the salmon ends up super soft & luscious.
Prep time is about 5 minutes if you don’t include soaking the cedar planks (there’s not hands-on time there). Cook time take a little more but again, you’re really not doing much so it’s all good.
1 lb Wild-caught Salmon
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1 – 2 Cedar planks, soaked
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Make sure you soak the cedar planks according to the package directions
- Once the cedar planks are thoroughly soaked, preheat the grill to at least 450º
- Place the salmon skin side down on the planks & add the dijon mustard & salt and pepper.
- Turn off the burners on half the grill, place the salmon on the side with no heat while keeping the grill hot.
- Cook the salmon for about 30-40 minutes until the salmon is opaque but not flakey.