I decided to make fish tacos because everyone loves them. Well everyone except me! I figured, what the heck, let me make my own and see if it’s something I can get down with.
Truth be told, these were good! I had two of them. My hubs really liked them too. So I think these are a winner.
You’ll notice there are two sauces on them, one is my Go To Guacamole , the other is just a simple mayo based sauce that I included below. If you are eating super clean, skip the mayo sauce & the tortillas, if not for sure make the sauce!!
1 lb Orange Roughy, Tilapia or Mahi Mahi
1/4 – 1/2 of a Cabbage, shredded thin
1/2 Cup Tapioca
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
Corn Tortillas (optional)
1/4 Cup Mayo
2 Tablespoons Ketchup
1/2-1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Shred the cabbage as thinly as possible. I use a mandoline to shred mine. Snag my favorite one HERE!
- Clean the cilantro & set it to the side.
- Heat the tortillas in the oven on warm if you are using them.
- Make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients together & set aside.
- Cut the fish up to into bite-size pieces.
- Mix together the tapioca, old bay & salt in a bowl.
- Pop the fish in the bowl with the flour mixture from above and mix up the fish until it’s covered. You’re pretty much breading the fish.
- Add the oil to a sauté pan & once it’s hot, add the fish. You might have to do this in stages so you don’t overcrowd the pan. You want the fish to become golden brown before turning it.
- Once all the pieces are made, just serve unassembled & let your family do the rest.