Pesto is such a simple sauce & yet so good. What I absolutely adore about Pesto is that you can make a TON of it and then portion it out and freeze it.
Then you can use it for all different kinds of recipes. Here’s a few my family loves:
- Pesto & Gnocchi (we do GF Gnocchi — snag my favorite here)
- Pesto Pasta — It’s as simple as making pasta, adding in some pesto & maybe a protein if you want
- Using it as a condiment for sandwiches
- Using it as a sauce for chicken or steak
- Tomatoes, Basil & Pesto
You can also make this vegan & I really don’t think it alters the flavor much. Just remove the cheese. Easy Peasy. Alright, let’s get to it….
This recipe is straight from Ina Garten (I LOVE her) so I have to give credit where credit is due.
1⁄4 cup walnuts
1⁄4 cup pine nuts (pignoli nuts)
3 tablespoons garlic, diced (9 cloves)
5 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Just pop everything into a food processer until blended smooth.