When it comes to salmon, I like it pretty simple. Either Cedar Plank Salmon or just some lemon & dill. My husband on the other hand likes some FLAVOR. So that’s where this recipe comes from & I have to say. It was a huge hit at our house.
Recently, I’ve really come to enjoy using lemongrass so you might see more of it soon!!
Oh & this recipe takes a little time to cook BUT it’s in the oven so it’s all good. Just set it & forget it. The prep is maybe 5 minutes.
2 Tablespoons Coconut Nectars
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar (with-the-mother)
1 Stalk Lemongrass
2 Cloves Garlic
1/4 Small to Medium Onion
1 Medjool Date, pitted
1 lb Wild-caught Salmon
Cilantro for serving
- Combine all the ingredients except the salmon in a blender or food processor. I used a hand blender for this.
- Place the salmon skin-side down in a baking dish & cover with the sauce. I left a little to the side to use as a topping once the salmon was cooked. Marinate the salmon for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 275º F.
- Bake until the salmon flakes easily with a fork & has an opaque center. This should take about 25-35 minutes.
- Serve with the cilantro on top.