I really like simple salmon with lemon & dill, but my hubs is always challenging me to make it a little more flavorful.
That being said, I adore citrus & especially grapefruit. If there is a drink on the menu with grapefruit in it, I am all in. So I thought, why not bring that love of citrus to my dinner & make my hubs happy at the same time.
I truly loved this dish & couldn’t stop eating it. I hope you feel the same way!
1-2 lbs Salmon Filet (wild-caught)
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Orange, zested & juiced
1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 of each a Grapefruit, Lemon & Lime, sliced thin (I used a mandeline)
1 Grapefruit, peeled & segmented
1 Orange, peeled & segmented
1 small Shallot, diced
2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1 Lime, juiced
Kosher Salt to taste
- Preheat broiler in your oven to high & set the oven rack to about 6 inches below it
- Place the salmon on a lined backing sheet.
- In a bowl mix the garlic, orange juice, zest, salt, pepper & olive oil to make a rub. Rub all over the salmon.
- Place the citrus slices on top.
- Broil the salmon for 6-8 minutes until it’s just opaque & flaky.
- While the salmon is broiling, make the citrus salsa but mixing everything together.
- Enjoy your salmon topped with your salsa!