I really came to like creamed soups after I made this recipe. It’s a one pot meal, was super easy & yummy.
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
1 Large Shallot, quartered
1 medium onion, quartered
3 Clove Garlic, peeled
6 Cups Broccoli florets
1 green apple, (cored, peeled & diced)
3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
4 Cups Bone Broth or Organic Chicken Stock
1 Spring Fresh Oregano
1/2 Teaspoon Hickory Smoked Sea Salt (or regular sea salt)
Black Pepper to taste
1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
Optional Toppings: Hickory Smoked Sea Salt & Aleppo Pepper
- Add Coconut oil to a large pot.
- Sauté shallot, onion & garlic until they are softened
- Add in the broccoli, apple & bone broth. Turn the heat up to high until the broth starts to boil
- . Pull the thyme & oregano leaves from the stems & discard the stems. Add in the herbs & spices. Cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Add in the coconut milk
- At this point, the broccoli should be soft but not mushy. Either use an immersion blender or pop the soup into a blender. I find you get a smoother soup if you add it to a blender so it’s your choice what you like.
- Blend to your liking. If the soup is still too thin, you can reduce it down for a few minutes. If it’s a bit thick, add some more broth or coconut milk.
- You can eat it plain or add some hickory smoked salt & aleppo pepper to take it up a notch.