I love lettuce wrap appetizers at any restaurant that serves them.
The big problem with most of them is they are not the healthiest option. So when I put together this recipe I was overjoyed because it’s super yummy & satisfying yet totally healthy & clean.
Total score! I love when that happens
1 lb ground Turkey
6 Cups shredded veggies (Coleslaw mix, carrots, zucchini, squash, you get it… whatever you have on hand)
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
1 Stalk Lemongrass, minced
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon Ginger, minded
2 Shallots, finely chopped
1/4 cup Coconut Nectars
1 Head Butter or Romaine Lettuce
- In a pan, add 1 tablespoon coconut oil & cook the turkey until it’s cooked through & a little brown. Remove from the pan & set aside.
- Add the veggies to the pan & cook until they are softened, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from pan & set the veggies aside once cooked.
- Add the remaining coconut oil to the pan & cook the lemongrass, garlic, ginger & shallots for about 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the veggies & turkey back to the pan along with the coconut nectars
- Pop them in your lettuce for lettuce wraps or serve with rice.