I’m not gonna lie, the Cilantro-Mint Chutney is the star of this dish. It’s so good, I was liking the bowl I made it in.
I was never much of a mint lover growing up. I actually HATE Thin Mints and those red & white mints at restaurants make me a bit nauseous.
Now on the other hand, fresh mint from the garden. I can eat that straight.
If you are a sauce person like me, I would recommend doubling the sauce. If not, keep as is and enjoy!
1 bunch fresh mint
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon aleppo pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 can full fat coconut milk
8 chicken thighs, skin-on & bone-in
- Combine the mint, cilatnro, aleppo pepper, lemon juice & salt in a food processor & mix until smooth.
- Take half of the mixture (chutney) & pop it into a dish large enough to marinate the chicken in. Add the canned coconut milk & mix together.
- Add the chicken, cover & marinate for at least 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- I grilled the chicken since that’s our favorite way to cook but you can also roast them in a 350º preheated oven until the internal temperature hits 160º or about an hour. Grilling will take much less time.
- Once cooked, serve hot with remaining chutney.