Sometimes, you just want your food to look a little different & you need a change. That’s why I liked making this recipe. It was actually fun to mix it up.
Now when it comes to filleting the pork loin, this was a little tricky. But seriously, if you are just making it for your family, it’s ok if you mess up a little. You also have the option of asking your butcher to do it for you.
4 lb. pork loin roast
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Make the Half & Half Pesto.
- If your butcher hasn’t already butterflied your pork loin you’ll want to place the roast, fat-side down, on a work surface. Using a sharp long knife, cut into 1 long side of the roast about 1/2 inch from the bottom. Continue cutting, unrolling the roast like a carpet.
- Spread the pesto all over the inside of the roast, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Roll up the loin & using kitchen twine, tie it up in six places. Season the outside with salt & pepper.
- In a large oven-proof pan or roasting pan, heat the olive oil & cook the pork on all sides until browned.
- Pop it in the oven until the instant read thermometer reads 145º. It should take about 30 minutes.
- Let it rest about 10 minutes.
- Slice & Enjoy!