Not sure if you’ve noticed but I love a one pot meal.
When you have three little kids & love to work getting healthy & delicious meals on the table is way easier when you don’t have to clean a bunch of dishes afterwards.
I will say, my kids were happiest about the olives on their dish the night we made this. It’s amusing the lengths I go to, to make dinner exciting & really, all I had to do was pull out some olives.
Either way, it makes me happy to know that I am teaching my kids healthy eating habits & doing the best for them by cooking at home.
8 chicken thighs, skinless & boneless
Juice of one lemon
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon dried basil
2 Teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
2 Teaspoons Salt
2-3 Sweet potatoes, diced (leave the peel on)
1 Large Zucchini, sliced
8 Ounces Crimini Mushrooms
4 Tablespoons Pitted Olives
Lemon Sliced, to serve
- Clean & pat the thighs dry.
- In a shallow dish combine the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley & salt. Put half of the marinade to the side for later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the dish & coat evenly. Let marinate for 15 minutes to overnight depending on the amount of time you have.
- Preheat the oven to 425º. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large oven proof skillet.
- Sear the chicken on both side until golden brown. About 2-3 minutes per side. You’ll probably have to do this in batches. Remove the chicken from the pan & set aside until done.
- Once all the chicken is seared, add all the vegetables except the olives & lemon slices to the pan. Place the chicken thighs on top. Add the remaining marinade to the pan
- Cover the skillet with a lid or with foil & place it in the oven. Bake for about 35 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Once the potatoes are done, adjust the oven to broil, remove the cover from the pan & cook for another 5-10 minutes until chicken is crispy.
- Serve with olives & lemon slices.