Meatloaf just seems like something that needed a makeover. I don’t know why but for some reason it just sounds unhealthy to me.
I didn’t grow up eating meatloaf because I grew up in a Lebanese family BUT I was always curious about it.
It was actually fun to play with this recipe to make it healthy & taste good!
olive oil, for greasing the pan
2 pounds ground beef, can sub other ground meats
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 carrots, shredded, about 1 cup
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon thyme
Optional: Clean BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a muffin pan or loaf pan with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the rest of the ingredients until well combined. This is actually a really fun job to give to the kids if they are up for it. It’s a super sensory experience.
- Spoon out between 1/3 and 1/2 cup of the meatloaf mixture into each muffin cup if using or pop it into a loaf pan.
- Bake way through (165 degrees F), about 20 to 25 minutes for the muffin cups or 40-50 minutes for a loaf pan.
- Serve with a clean BBQ sauce.