These are the best Stuffed Grape Leaves I have ever had. It’s my mom’s recipe & she is now a Lebanese grandma, which means she’s been making these a LONG time and has perfected them.
Know that if you decide to make them, they are a labor of love. This is not a 30-minute meal. More like soul food that you put your whole heart into.
And know that if you are the recipient of this dish. It was made with love!
2 Cups Rice
1 Pound Ground Beef
½ Cup Butter, melted
1 Jar Brined Grape Leaves
Salt & Pepper to taste
3 Tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
3 Cups Beef Broth (or a bit more)
¼ Cup Butter
½ Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, ground beef, melted butter & salt & pepper
- Remove the grape leaves in another large bowl filled with water to wash the brine off.
- Lay some flattened grape leaves at the bottom of a large pot.
- To roll out the grape leaves, flatten one grape leaf onto your cutting board or counter top, making sure to trim the hard stem. Add about a tablespoon to a tablespoon & a half of the beef mixture & roll the grape leaf tightly like a burrito
- Begin filling your pot with the rolled grape leaves. Once you have completed one layer, add a layer of sliced tomatoes. Then continue layering with the grape leaves. Keep this pattern going until all the grape leaves & mixture is used.
- Add the beef broth & ¼ cup butter to the pot & cook on medium heat until the rice is cooked through. If necessary add more beef broth.
- Once the grape leaves are completely cooked, let them cool for a bit & add the lemon juice.