We have started to have Meatless Mondays because I just felt like we were eating too much meat.
Besides that, I have a child who I think might end up being a vegetarian… I have been a vegetarian off & on for years. I was actually thinking about doing it again.
The thing I have never thought much of when it comes to being vegetarian are faux meats. So that makes it even more interesting when I try to put together a vegetarian meal that tastes good, is healthful & filling.
So anyways, that’s where this recipe came in.
Oh and it’s ridiculously easy to make!
So let’s get to it!
2 Whole Carrots – Peeled & Chopped
3-4 Stalks Celery – Chopped
1/2 Medium Onion – Chopped
1 Garlic Clove – Chopped
Handful French Green Beans – Chopped
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
2 Cans Beans – (I used Navy Beans) Rinsed & Drained
1 Cup Quinoa Pasta
1/2 Teaspoon Italian Herbs
3-5 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
4 – 8 Cups Bone Broth Canned or Homemade
Salt to Taste
- In a large pot, sauté onions, garlic, celery & carrots until they are beginning to caramelize
- Once they are smelling amazing & looking good, add in everything else! It’s that easy?
- Cook until the soup starts to boil & then reduce the temperature down to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 – 30 minutes.
- Enjoy as is or top with some parmesan or pesto.