Grain-free, egg-free, dairy-free banana bread makes for an amazing breakfast or snack!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooke Time: 50 Minutes
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 6 Tbsp water
- 2 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 5 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Whisk together the ground flax seed and water in a small bowl until well combined. Allow mixture to sit 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick and gooey, like the consistency of beaten eggs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flax eggs, mashed banana, and vanilla extract together in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining dry ingredients. Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Transfer the banana bread batter to the lined loaf pan and place on the center rack of the preheated oven. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until loaf turns golden.